Sunday, January 24, 2010

Triathlete Sports Can Anyone Tell Me What Being A Triathlete Is All About?

Can anyone tell me what being a triathlete is all about? - triathlete sports

I am interested in triathlons when I learned that the actress Alexandra Paul (Stephanie, who played on Baywatch participated) in the Ironman (triathlon) competition and have always been curious. I saw the competition and saw Ironman Triathlon in the Olympic history. It is a triathlon in New York that broadcasts on NBC this SO. I think, to see well-1pm. Of course, I am fascinated by this sport, but I will not just an observer. I would like to participate. Now I have a runner and I have no problem with it (walk) back. I know how to get a bike, although I have not traveled long distances, but what I see as a potential obstacle is that I can not swim. Is there a triathlete, triathlon enthusiasts, or who is the sport that was white, / found a similar situation? Has anyone general information that you think would be useful for me? Please be be as descriptive as possible. Thank you.

3 comments:

my name is not Susan said...

If you want to do a triathlon, you have to train for 3 sports. Increase the distance and the duration of the operation, cycling and swimming. There is a lot to sort short w can you begin to do / see if it you do not (do not start w / a Half Ironman and Ironman!). Short courses are often also at 400 meters swim, 10 miles bike, run distances of 5 or the like. You have to learn to swim, of course, and spent time on the bike. A good bike, good shoes, high-quality equipment to help others. I have only 3 Triathlon (Olympic Distance Short Course), just start small and work up!

htchrist said...

I do not know much about training for the Ironman, but I work in the MED-tent every year in Lake Placid ... You must learn to listen to the instructions, there will your body. You need to know when ineed when the needs of water and Gatorade. The 3 topics that I see in almost all athletes is dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and hypothermia. By the say, what I've heard, many athletes, the professionals that your body and what you need when ... Each Ironman is different ... The base distances are equal, but to swim in Lake Placid is cool, but just too hot, and Hawaii is difficult because the sea waves. We are also in the higher concentrations of oxygen is a little different ... If I am the horse this weekend, I will contact you ..

KitKat said...

I am interested in triathlons. The best thing to do is see to swim a good coach and focus on swimming and get along good. But remember, with a triathlon, you will operate three sports back to back to back. I would say at least 1 day per month, or a "sham" of the triathlon, whether in your gym. Good luck!

Post a Comment